Since our establishment in 1980, LA Builders has worked tirelessly to create and maintain a reputation for excellence in building and hard landscaping services. As a family-run, local business based in Banstead, we take great pride in the fact that so many of our customers in Epsom, Reigate and the surrounding areas return to us for their building and landscaping needs. This is why, when it comes to patios, LA Builders can’t be beaten.
Each builder on our team carries CIS and CSCS accreditation as well as years of trade experience. In our position as a reputable company, we also ensure that every builder receives our own thorough training in order to uphold the demanding standards for quality and safety we place on ourselves.
By doing this, we take every measure to ensure that our customers in Banstead, Epsom, Reigate and across Surrey receive patios of the highest possible quality.
In our role as your builder and landscaper of choice, we provide a start-to-finish service for outstanding patios. From showing samples of various materials to suit any budget to the final installation of a bespoke patio, LA Builders provide a fantastic service every step of the way.
We provide a range of materials for our patios in Banstead, Epsom, Reigate and the wider Surrey area including:
• Natural Stone
• Block Paving
• Concrete Paving
Varieties of natural stone include granite, limestone and India sandstone, all of which last for generations. Block paving helps to create patios with unique designs and is easily maintained in cases of individual block breakages. Concrete paving provides the most cost-effective option while maintaining a high level of durability.
For more information on our current range of patio materials, please contact us.
Regardless of which material we use at your property in Banstead, Epsom, Reigate or neighbouring locations, we lay our patios using time-served methods that we know produce excellent results.
1. In preparation for patios, we always allow a depth of 150mm for the foundation mix and paving material. If one of our patios is being installed directly beside a house, the surface layer needs to be at least an additional 150mm below the damp proof course, creating a total depth of 300mm.
2. As a team of builders with years of experience in the Banstead, Epsom and Reigate areas, we understand the importance of solid foundations to the success of our patios. Our standard foundation base consists of a concrete mix including 6 parts ballast and 1 part cement. We then lay this mix to a depth of 75mm.
3. Our builders then lay a full mortar bed strong enough to support entire slabs or blocks. This mortar mix consists of 6 parts sharp sand and 1 part cement.
4. Starting from the corner, we then install our patios using the material of choice. As we lay the patio, we ensure to do so with a fall of 1cm in 60cm to ensure that water doesn’t collect on the paving.
5. After one of our patios has been laid, it needs to be left to stand for 24 hours. This allows the mortar to harden. It is imperative at this point that our Banstead, Epsom, Reigate and Surrey area customers don’t walk on the patio.
6. The final stage for the laying of our patios is jointing the paving using a mix of 3 parts soft building sand to 1 part cement. A builder from our team uses a trowel to insert the mortar into the joints between the slabs or blocks, pressing down and smoothing over where necessary.
After a good sweep, our professionally laid patios are ready for years of use.
Not only do patios provide a scenic social space to enjoy time with friends and family, they also add aesthetic and monetary value to your property in Banstead, Epsom, Reigate and the surrounding areas.
We offer an unconditional 10-year guarantee on all completed work.